A CORRELATION BETWEEN VOCABULARY MASTERY AND LISTENING SKILL TOWARDS SPEAKING SKILL OF ELEVENTH GRADE STUDENTS AT MA NEGERI TEMPURSARI IN ACADEMIC YEAR OF 2016/2017

Fakih, Rohanjati and Rochmat, Budi Santoso, M.Pd (2017) A CORRELATION BETWEEN VOCABULARY MASTERY AND LISTENING SKILL TOWARDS SPEAKING SKILL OF ELEVENTH GRADE STUDENTS AT MA NEGERI TEMPURSARI IN ACADEMIC YEAR OF 2016/2017. skripsi thesis, IAIN Surakarta.

[img]
Preview
Text
Fakih Rohanjati.pdf

Download (3MB) | Preview

Abstract

Keywords : Correlation Study, Vocabulary Mastery, Listening Skill, Speaking Skill. The objectives of the research are to determine the correlation between (1) vocabulary mastery and speaking skill; (2) listening skill and speaking skill; (3) vocabulary mastery and listening skill towards speaking skill of Eleventh Grade Students at MA Negeri Tempursari in Academic Year of 2016/2017. This research is correlation study. The research was carried out at MAN Tempursari in June-November 2016. The population of this study was the eleventh grade students of MAN Tempursari in the Academic Year 2016/2017. The sample of this study is MIA3 and MIA 1 class, consist of 62 students, 30 students to be subject of try-out and 32 students to be subject of the research. The sampling technique used is multistage random sampling. The instruments in collecting the data were test. The technique used to analyze the data was Pearson Product Moment and multiple correlation. The researcher used Pearson Product Moment formula to know the coefficient correlation between students‘ vocabulary mastery (X1) toward speaking skill (Y) and listening skill (X2) toward speaking skill (Y) while to correlate students‘ vocabulary mastery (X1) and listening skill (X2) toward speaking skill (Y) the researcher used multiple correlation to know the significance correlation among them. The result of the research are (1) there is positive correlation between students‘ vocabulary mastery (X1) towards speaking skill (Y) because the coefficient of correlation r-obtained is higher than r-table (0.405 > 0.361). It means that 40.5% variance of speaking skill (Y) is influenced by vocabulary mastery (X1); (2) there is positive correlation between listening skill (X2) towards speaking skill (Y) because the coefficient of correlation r-obtained is higher than rtable (0.567 > 0.361). it means that 32,1% variance of speaking skill (Y) is determinate by listening skill (X2); (3) there is positive correlation between vocabulary mastery (X1) and listening skill (X2) towards speaking skill (Y) because r-obtained is higher than rtable (0.409 > 361). it means that 40.9% variance of speaking skill is influenced by vocabulary mastery, listening skill and the other is 59.1% is influenced by others factors.

Item Type: Thesis (skripsi)
Subjects: 300 Ilmu Sosial > 370 Education
300 Ilmu Sosial > 370 Education > 373 Secondary education
Divisions: Fakultas Ilmu Tarbiyah dan Keguruan > Sastra Inggris
Depositing User: Maha siswa
Date Deposited: 14 Sep 2017 06:56
Last Modified: 14 Sep 2017 06:56
URI: http://eprints.iain-surakarta.ac.id/id/eprint/762

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item