A CORRELATION BETWEEN TEACHERS TEACHING STYLE AND STUDENTS MOTIVATION TOWARD ENGLISH ACHIEVEMENT AT THE SECOND GRADE STUDENTS OF SMA N 1 NOGOSARI IN THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2016/2017

Ariyanto, Nova Eko and Santoso, Rochmat Budi (2017) A CORRELATION BETWEEN TEACHERS TEACHING STYLE AND STUDENTS MOTIVATION TOWARD ENGLISH ACHIEVEMENT AT THE SECOND GRADE STUDENTS OF SMA N 1 NOGOSARI IN THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2016/2017. skripsi thesis, IAIN Surakarta.

[img]
Preview
Text
Nova Eko Ariyanto.pdf

Download (2MB) | Preview

Abstract

Nova Eko Ariyanto. 2018. The Correlation Between Teachers Teaching Style, Students’ Motivation, and Students’ English Achievement at the Second Grade Students of SMA N 1 Nogosari in the Academic Year of 2016/2017. Thesis. Surakarta. English Education Department. Islamic Education and Teacher Training Faculty. Advisor : Dr. Rochmad Budi Santoso, S.Pd., M.Pd. Keyword : Teaching Syle, Motivation, English Achievement The research problem is focussed on the correlation between teacher teaching style, students’ motivation and students’ English achievement. Then, the objective of this study is to know the correlation between teacher teaching style, students’ motivation and students’ English achievement on the second grade students of SMA N 1 Nogosari in the academic year of 2016/2017. This is a quantitative research. The researcher used correlational research design. The research was conducted at SMA N 1 Nogosari in April 2017. The population of this research is all the second grade students of SMA N 1 Nogosari in the academic year of 2016/2017. The sample of this study is XI IPA 1 that consisting of 32 students to be the subject . The sampling technique that used is simple random sampling. The techniques of collecting data used the questionnaire and students book report. The techniques of analyzing data used simple and multiple linear regression and pearson product moment formula. To test the hypothesis, the researcher used SPSS 20 for windows. The result of analysis shows that at the level of significance α = 0.05 for N = 32 with the r-table (0.349). For the first hyphothesis, there is a positive correlation between teachers teaching style (X1) and English achievement (Y). It is because r0btained( rx1y ) is higher than rtable (0.433 > 0.349). The constribution of students’ teacher teaching style toward English achievement is 18.8%. For the second hyphothesis, there is a positive correlation between students’ motivation (X2) and students’ engkish achievement (Y). It is because r0btained ( rx2y ) is higher than rtable (0.439 > 0.349). The constribution of students’ motivation toward English achievement is 19.3%. Then, for the third hyphothesis, there is a positive correlation between teachers teaching style (X1), students’ motivation (X2) and students’ English achievement (Y). It is because F0btained( rx1,x2y ) is higher than ftable ( 5.740 > 3.29 ). The constribution of teacher teaching style and students’ motivation toward students’ English achievement is 28.4%. It means that 28.4% of students’ English achievement is influenced by teacher teaching style and students’ motivation, then the other is 71.6 % is influenced by other factors.

Item Type: Thesis (skripsi)
Subjects: 400 Bahasa > 407 Education, research, related topics
Divisions: Fakultas Ilmu Tarbiyah dan Keguruan > Pendidikan Bahasa Inggris
Depositing User: Maha siswa
Date Deposited: 27 Dec 2018 03:55
Last Modified: 27 Dec 2018 03:55
URI: http://eprints.iain-surakarta.ac.id/id/eprint/2652

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item